Operations — The O.U.P.S. state-of-the-art call center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week receiving calls from anyone who intends to dig in the state of Ohio. With more than 40 Customer Service Representatives (CSR's) dedicated to answering all incoming calls within 60 seconds, O.U.P.S. continues to excel in customer satisfaction. The Ohio Utilities Protection Service call center continues to be one of the premier one calls in the country.
- To submit a digging request, contact a Customer Service Representative 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 8-1-1 or 1-800-362-2764.
- To contact an Operations Supervisor, please call 1-800-311-3692, Opt. 6.
Administration — The O.U.P.S. Administration Department is responsible for ensuring that all departments work in conjunction to meet the overall goal to damage prevention.
- To contact the Administration Department, please call 1-800-311-3692.
Human Resources & Accounting Operations — The O.U.P.S. Human Resource and Accounting Departments work aggressively with our departments within the organization, the O.U.P.S. accountant, and outside vendors to maintain excellence in the areas of administrative and accounting procedures.
- To contact a Human Resource Manager, please call 1-800-311-3692, ext. 7239.
- To contact an Accounting Manager, please call 1-800-311-3692, ext. 7239.
Membership — The O.U.P.S. Membership Department is responsible for the tracking and implementing the new member process, providing ongoing member support, and providing billing and operating assistance.
- To contact a Member Consultant, please call 1-800-311-3692, Opt. 6.
Technical Support — O.U.P.S.' continued commitment to advanced technologies has provided an unprecedented advantage, recognized both statewide and nationally. The Technology Department is dedicated to ensuring that all state-of-the-art equipment runs at peak efficiency. Responsibilities of the Technology Department include managing service and support calls related to any electronic equipment, monitoring and administering key software and hardware components, providing data to third party vendors for pending issues, and maintaining the dual entrance OC-3 SONET ring that provides the call center with the most secure and reliable telecommunications connections available.
- To contact an Information Systems Support Specialist , please call 1-800-311-3692, ext. 7238 or 7232.
Mapping — The objective of the O.U.P.S. Mapping Department is to compile a current and accurate database of Ohio road centerlines and political boundaries. The department has taken advantage of new and proven technologies including aerial photos, county GIS data sets, and GPS equipment, along with state wide projects like Ohio Statewide Imagery Program (OSIP) and Location Based Response System (LBRS) to enhance the quality of our street database. The results of these efforts are efficient call center operations, decreased cost for our members, and a safer Ohio.
- To contact a GIS Support Specialist, please call 1-800-311-3692, ext. 7236 or 7260.
i-dig Newtin Remote Ticket Entry (RTE) — O.U.P.S. offers a web ticket entry program, i-dig Netwin RTE, in which a contractor, excavator, or utility owner or operator can easily enter their own excavation requests via the internet.
- To contact an i-dig Support Specialist, please call 1-800-240-7190.
Member Maintenance — A real-time, web-based facility management system, Newtins' Member Maintenance, formerly known as i-grid, is for facility owners who are members of O.U.P.S. Through Member Maintenance, users can manage their facilities from the convenience of their personal computer.
- To contact a Member Maintenance Specialist, please call 1-800-311-3692, ext. 7260.
Public Education & Outreach— The O.U.P.S. Public Education & Outreach Team is dedicated to promoting the O.U.P.S. message of safety. In 2006, the team traveled more than 80,000 miles statewide to educate homeowners, facility owners, and professional excavators on the subject of damage prevention. One of the goals of the Public Education & Outreach Team is to make the "Call Before You Dig" message a household phrase.
- To contact a Public Education & Outreach Team Member, please call 1-800-311-3692, ext. 7249 or 7245.