To meet the differing needs of our members, O.U.P.S. offers the following membership options. The option you choose determines your dues, voting power and stakeholder representation on the O.U.P.S. Board of Trustees.
- Voting members — owners or operators of underground facilities who receive excavation notifications from O.U.P.S.
- Limited Basis Participant (LBP) members — owners or operators of underground facilities who receive excavation notices from O.U.P.S. (but will not have any voting power or representation on O.U.P.S.' board)
** Voting and LBP Members under the Ohio Revised Code shall participate in positive response.
- Positive response is closing of the communication loop. It allows each facility owner to communicate to the excavator the status of their one call ticket.
- (D) Each utility fully participating in a protection service pursuant to this section shall also participate in its affiliated positive response system. Each utility participating in a protection service on a limited basis shall directly communicate to the excavator the presence or absence of any conflict between the existing underground utility facilities and proposed excavation site. Ohio Revised Code 3781.26 [Effective 3/27/2013]
- Contractor Members — Ohio contractors and excavators who share in our commitment to safe digging and wish to participate in O.U.P.S.' decision-making process with one stakeholder representative on the O.U.P.S. board.
- Associate Membership — companies that do not own or operate underground facilities but wish to be involved in safe digging initiatives
Request more information about the above membership options or download a membership application.
For specific membership questions, you can contact one of our member consultants directly at 1-800-311-3692, option 6 or firstname.lastname@example.org.