i-dig NEWTIN REMOTE TICKET ENTRY
A real-time, Web-based ticket-entry program, i-dig Newtin Remote Ticket Entry (RTE) is for professional excavators, contractors and utility facility owners. Through i-dig Newtin, users can input, manage, repeat and update their tickets, all from the convenience of their personal computer or any mobile device.
If interested in the i-dig Newtin Remote Ticket Enrty (RTE) program, please click here to take the training course or call our i-dig RTE department at 800-240-7190 with any questions.
To use i-dig Newtin, you must:
- Be a professional excavator, contractor or utility facility owner (at this time, homeowners may NOT use i-dig Newtin)
- Have internet access — high speed recommended
- The system is HTML5 compatible (can be used with browsers such as, Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and IE9 or greater)
- Complete and pass an online training module
- O.U.P.S. recommends that you have prior experience calling tickets in to an O.U.P.S in house Customer Service Representatives (CSR)
With i-dig Newtin, excavators and facility owners can enter their notification requests online, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Users are given a login user name and password to access the program, and both excavators and the affected member facility owners receive ticket notification request simultaneously.
As in our notification center, State law requires i-dig Newtin users to give a 48 hour notice (two working days), excluding weekends and legal holidays, with the excavation to start within 10 business days of the proposed excavation. Excavators must supply the same information with i-dig Newtin as they do when phoning in their notification request.
Through i-dig Newtin users can:
- Describe locates in their own words
- Instantly receive electronic, printable copies of their tickets, a list of member facility owners notified
- View the most current O.U.P.S. maps available with Ortho photography; these are the same street maps used by CSRs at our notification center
- Repeat notification requests, even if they were called into a CSR at the center
- Enter Design (pre-planning) requests
- Receive live help desk support
- Transfer notification requests between CSRs and an i-dig Newtin user