Communication & Social Media Corrdinator
The Communications & Social Media Coordinator will work collaboratively with OHIO811 staff, industry stakeholders and others to support the continued development and implementation of OHIO811 Strategic Communication Plan and other outreach initiatives. This position will be actively engaged in creating and editing content for internal and external OHIO811 printed, electronic/digital and social media communications and/or other outreach efforts. Additionally, the Communication Coordinator will work collaboratively to support and execute many facets of the OHIO811 social media strategy.
Paramount to the successful completion of these duties is the ability to work collaboratively with OHIO811 staff and foster cross functional internal and external relationships that fully leverages the unique skill sets, knowledge and expertise of the collective to support and expand OHIO811 initiatives and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This description is a general statement of required major job duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the continuous development and implementation of the OHIO811 Strategic Communications Plan, including Social & Digital Media.
- Assist in creating, editing, and the publication of content for a variety of mediums including, but not limited to, quarterly magazines, social media pages, OHIO811 website, annual reports, employee message boards/newsletters, press releases, print advertising, media kits, and educational material.
- Assist in the execution of OHIO811’s social media strategy including creating written and graphic content, development, and implementation of an integrated social media calendar, executing scheduled social media posts, and monitoring OHIO811 and industry-related social media accounts.
- Monitor and respond to comments, questions, and requests from social media accounts; and when needed, refer users to appropriate resources or teams for assistance.
- Work closely with OHIO811 staff and industry stakeholders to advise and align on communication, outreach, and social media goals that maximize impact and promote awareness of OHIO811.
- Track, analyze, and report data analytics detailing the performance of Communications, Social Media, Public Education, and Outreach efforts or other campaigns or initiatives.
- Maintain and manage distribution/contact lists for key stakeholder groups including media, membership, and industry associations.
- Continuous development of OHIO811 content library to include photos, videos, graphics, and/or other content.
Assist with event planning and execution, photography, video production, and other related activities.
- Promote and represent a positive image for OHIO811 by attending and participating in community activities, as needed.
- Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, influencers and build strategic partnerships to grow awareness of OHIO811
- Must be able to work and contribute in a collaborative, team-oriented environment that places the continued growth and success of OHIO811 and its membership above individual recognition and success.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in communications, public relations, or similar roles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and editing communications pieces for an organization, including press releases, newsletters, print articles, and/or other similar content.
- Demonstrated proficiency in graphic design and creating visually compelling presentations.
- Proven ability to leverage the application of relevant social media platforms, and corresponding analytical tools, to efficiently increase online visibility and influence.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as Mailchimp.
- Video editing experience and photography skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of corporate communications ethics and best practices.
- Must be able to speak, hear and see within normal limits.
- Must be able to drive for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit and or stand for long periods.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain insurability.