Public Education and Outreach Assistant
The Public Education and Outreach Assistant will perform a variety of initiatives to help advance OHIO811’s mission, public awareness, and outreach programs. This position will offer administrative, operational, and logistical support to the Department Director. The Public Education and Outreach assistant has a critical role in supporting multiple programs, events, and campaigns that promote the organization and its services to OHIO811 stakeholders, members, and the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports and coordinates traditional and digital awareness and promotional campaigns with OHIO811 staff, industry stakeholders, and media partners.
- Assists with developing and distributing industry-related surveys and consolidating their results.
- Attends/participates in OHIO811 public education outreach events including the youth outreach educational programs.
- Supports the creation and continuous development of the OHIO811 content library to include photos, videos, graphics, and/or other content.
- Supports the creation and execution of public education and outreach campaigns.
- Assists in collecting and developing content for online learning management modules, educational presentations and materials, digital marketing, outreach and awareness campaigns, and OHIO811 publications.
- Full cycle planning for OHIO811 events including but not limited to organizational meetings, trade shows, conferences, and seminars.
- Researches and coordinates event logistics including venues, invitations, registration, dining, lodging, and other meeting requirements.
- Online processing of invitations and RSVPs for OHIO811 educational and training programs and events.
- Track and document relevant information and data for future use.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication with marketing and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and complete projects with assigned deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office software products; knowledge and experience in database programs is preferred.
- Contract keeping.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge and experience in graphic design programs.
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting sponsorships: proven track record in developing and implementing marketing plans; print/digital production expertise associated with events.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain insurability.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.