Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) answers incoming telephone calls from excavators and accurately processes locate tickets utilizing a computerized ticket management and mapping system. The CSR ensures that information obtained is complete and the appropriate member utility companies are notified. The CSR is responsible for knowing the necessary information needed to complete a locate request and accurately and quickly find the excavation site. This position must frequently assist the caller by using appropriate maps to determine excavation site information and performing research on computer system files to determine if locate request was received and determine the proper action to be taken.
Hours of work are determined by the needs of the business and will be based on the company workweek of Monday through Sunday, beginning and ending at midnight on Sunday. Occasional overtime may be required. In some instances, day or overnight travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for answering incoming telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner. Properly directs those calls not related to processing locate requests.
- Utilizes computerized ticket management and mapping system to accurately and efficiently process locate tickets. Involves taking detailed information from callers, pinpointing excavation sites on maps, and asking specific questions to further clarify information provided by the excavator.
- Must understand and obtain complete information from the caller in order to process a locate request for appropriate member utility companies to be notified.
- Must frequently assist the caller by using appropriate maps to determine excavation site information.
- Must perform research on computer system files to determine if locate request was received and determine the proper action to be taken.
An individual must satisfactorily meet these essential responsibilities to perform the job successfully. As workload and circumstances vary, this position must contribute to team effort by being flexible and performing, either temporarily or permanently, other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
- Proficient use of the ticket management and mapping system to process locate requests
- Expected performance to be maintained at average or above as determined by various standards of Call Center measurement
- This position requires knowledge of computers and office equipment, including the skills necessary to be able to read, write, and send electronic mail.
- Previous experience in a customer service call center or other customer service environment is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to get along with a variety of people
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Good grammar and punctuation skills
- A friendly, positive personality
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent, indoor working conditions.
- The duties of this position require normal physical stamina and long periods of sitting at a computer workstation, talking and listening to callers, and accurately inputting information into a computer.
- Must adapt to frequent interruptions, background activity and continued verbal communications in handling locate requests.
- Individuals must be able to hear normal voice tones and speak fluently and clearly.
- Ability to see within normal parameters