The Ohio Revised Code section 3781.26 (A) states that: Each utility that owns or operates underground utility facilities shall participate in and register the location of its underground utility facilities with a protection service that serves the area where the facilities are located.
Becoming an OHIO811 member not only keeps your company in compliance with state law but demonstrates a strong commitment to the safety and well-being of the consumers and communities you serve.
Facility Owner member benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Compliance with Ohio Revised Code section 3781.26 (A)
- Receipt of timely dig notifications
- Access to OHIO811 electronic positive response system
- OHIO811 support of your underground facility mapping
- Ticket Search – Ability to search your company’s dig notifications for up to 7 years, using OHIO811 long-term storage.
- Industry Representation – OHIO811 bylaws allow for a facility owner member to represent his or her industry group with a seat on the Board of Trustees
- Organizational Voice – Members can serve on various operating committees advising the Board of Trustees on operational issues
- Public Education Program – Complimentary access to the OHIO811 public education program and supporting materials
- Consortium Buying – The opportunity to purchase from a limited catalog of safety-related items at a discounted rate through our consortium buying program
- Commitment to Safety – Demonstration of your company’s support for public safety and quality service